Position: Development Manager
Organization: Sole Food Street Farms www.solefoodfarms.com
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Sole Food Farms is an internationally recognized social enterprise that transforms vacant urban land into street farms that grow artisan quality fruits and vegetables. Our mission is to empower individuals with limited resources by providing jobs, agricultural training and inclusion in a supportive community of farmers and food lovers.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Administrative Director to engage, secure, grow, manage and steward a portfolio of donors which includes individuals, foundations, corporations and other donors. This position will play a key role in helping grow the organization’s capacity and resources by establishing and using systems, protocols and tools to identify, track and communicate with a wide variety of donors and partners.
Candidates must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem solving abilities; have excellent written and oral communication abilities; enjoy working with people; be outgoing, self-motivated, and have an interest in and a commitment to Sole Food Street Farms’ mission. Candidates must be able to work independently as well as with a group, and possess creativity, flexibility and the ability to problem-solve and take initiative. A basic knowledge of sustainable agriculture and food issues is also an asset. Three or more years’ experience in fundraising, including annual giving, grant writing and other revenue development activities is required. Demonstrated experience and sound knowledge of a comprehensive fundraising program is an asset.
- Work closely with Executive Director to create and draft a fundraising plan for the organization
- Work closely with Executive Director to coordinate and track donor and prospect meetings and follow-up
- Maintain accurate records of donors, donor/prospect meetings, and track activities weekly
- Liaise with Board of Directors to facilitate board-based fundraising
- Document, track, and help to implement donor cultivation and stewardship plans
- Prepare and submit grant applications, reports and other materials for donors including thank you letters, proposals and other correspondence
- Research best practices in donor relations for all programs and make recommendations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Salary: To be determined based upon experience
How to Apply
Click the link below to apply through Charity Village (preferred) or email your cover letter, resume, and three work references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line to ensure your application is received. No phone calls please.
Posting closes on March 15, 2018 We thank all applicants and advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.